Electronic communication is essential for sharing club news and information with our members. Our communication will be timely, appropriate and related to club business.
We use a range of electronic tools to communicate with our members. Our communication will protect members’ privacy, maintain clear boundaries and ensure that bullying and harassment does
A webmaster will be appointed to provide accountability and control over material published on our club’s website and any related discussion groups or social media websites.
• Our website will include current information on squads, coaches, social events, committees, policies, constitution, rules and by-laws.
• No offensive content or photos will be published.
• If we intend to publish a photo of a child, we will first seek permission from his or her parents and take care not to provide identifying information.
Committee members and coaches may use ClubHub emails to provide information about squads, session times training, club-sanctioned social events and other club business. ClubHub emails:
• should be restricted to club matters;
• must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person;
• must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person;
• should respect and maintain the privacy of members; and
• must not bring the club into disrepute.
Coaches and others who work with children and young people must direct electronic communication through the child’s parents.
• We treat all social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets as public ‘comment’.
• Postings (written, photos or videos) will be family-friendly and feature positive club
news and events.
• No personal information about our members will be disclosed.
• No statements will be made that might bring our club into disrepute.
• Abusive, discriminatory, intimidating or offensive statements will not be tolerated.
Offending posts will be removed and those responsible will be blocked from the site.
We expect our members to conduct themselves appropriately when using electronic communication
to share information with other members or posting material on public websites connected to the club.